* 78% say curb appeal is “extremely” or “very” important
Boost your home’s curb appeal with these tips from Carson Arthur, celebrity outdoor designer and co-host of HGTV’s “Critical Listing.”
Buyers begin to assess a home right from the little picture on the listing page. Want to make the best first impression for your home?
Here are 3 simple tips to improve your home’s exterior:
- Containers over plant beds: Plant sparingly because not everyone has a green thumb. Maximize visual interest by using containers to bring plants that are in bloom to the front door.
- Lights at night: Install new solar spotlights to outline the edge of your driveway, or to highlight your favourite house features and the “for sale” sign.
- New paint job: Use paint chips to find corresponding colours that will compliment your homes’ existing surroundings, like trees, rocks, or other houses.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. Your front yard is the calling card for your home… what does it currently say?
With the upcoming C21® Open House Weekend Blitz on May 2-3, curb appeal has never been so popular! Attend a participating C21 open house that weekend and you could win a “grill n’ chill backyard bundle” to boost your home’s outdoor appeal or 5,000 AIR MILES® reward miles.
* Free Infographic: Creating Curb Appeal. (2014, July 23). Retrieved March 11, 2015, from http://www.sensationalcolor.com/color-for-your-home/fresh-color-for-your-home-exterior/free-infographic-creating-curb-appeal-19089#.VQCaH3zF_fI
The CENTURY 21® Canada Open House Weekend Blitz Contest is back.
It’s time to profit from your patio Canada!
- Visit a participating CENTURY 21 open house on May 2 or 3
- Sign in and you could WIN the grand prize Grill n’ Chill Backyard Bundle including:
- BlackDecker tools
- A complete Canadian Tire Canvas patio set
- A Cuisinart BBQ
- Plus, an expert outdoor design consult from Carson Arthur (co-host of HGTV’s Critical Listing).
Or, WIN 1 of 5 regional prizes of 5,000 AIR MILES® reward miles
Come out of hibernation and drop by an open house!
Visit c21.ca/openhouse for full contest details.
How do you share the real life impact donations have for families living with disabilities? March was Easter Seals’ month and CENTURY 21® Canada enlisted the voice of 15 year old Brandon Liston to launch the charity’s first National Ambassador Program in the country.
Born with Cerebral Palsy, Liston joined Easter Seals as their New Brunswick ambassador when he was just six years old. As national ambassador, he will travel to key events across the country speaking on behalf of Easter Seals kids to build awareness for families living with disabilities.
“The ambassador program has given me so much courage and so much of a start for the future,” said Liston. “I don’t consider people with disabilities as disabled. ‘Dis’ means you can’t do something… I just do it a little differently. I am differently-abled.”
At 15 years old, Liston is an inspiration. He was the youngest recipient of the Rotary Club of Fredericton’s Paul Harris Fellowship Award, the highest honour awarded to individuals who show “service above self.” He has continued to set and conquer challenges, from tackling public speaking to rock climbing.
“When Brandon speaks, everyone listens. His positive attitude and enthusiasm for helping others are contagious,” said U. Gary Charlwood, executive chairman, CENTURY 21 Canada. “Who could better share the story of Easter Seals kids? We hope to assist Brandon as he progresses from a young boy with big dreams into a young man who realizes them!”
Liston has ambitious future goals, striving to join politics as mayor, MP, or prime minister, or to make kids smile as the CEO of Easter Seals. To hear more of Liston’s story, visit the Easter Seals website.
CENTURY 21 Canada is Easter Seals’ number one real estate fundraising company and their third largest corporate partner in Canada for total donations contributed. Since 2009, System members have raised nearly $3 million for Easter Seals and the Kids to Camp program.