Toronto, ON (August 15, 2018) – Garry Bhaura, Broker of Record for CENTURY 21 President’s Realty Inc. is settling into his role as the newest president of Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB). Garry has been a respected member of the GTA community since he began his real estate career in 2000. He achieved broker status in 2003, ABR® and SRES® designations in 2011, an SRS designation in 2014, and is also a Fellow of the Real Estate Institute of Canada (FRI). Beyond his professional career, he has served in leadership volunteer positions at many non-profit organizations.
Garry is passionate about real estate and philanthropy and is excited to combine these passions in his new role with TREB. As he begins his leadership, we sat down with him to talk about the year ahead.
1. How did you first get into real estate?
I have always been drawn to real estate because I like being a part of helping people achieve their dreams. That’s the main reason I became a sales representative, and that philosophy is at the root of every transaction.
2. How did you first choose CENTURY 21 Canada?
My initial interest in the brand was that CENTURY 21 is a well-respected global brand with strong consumer awareness. Then, once I started working with the company, I was impressed with the technology that every sales representative can have access to. It’s unparalleled by any other company, and I haven’t looked back since.
3. How would you describe the current ecosystem of the Toronto real estate market?
Simply put, the Toronto market is changing rapidly and we all must change with it or be left behind. As intimidating as that may sound, it also makes it an exciting time to be here in this industry.
4. Given how much the industry has changed in Toronto in the past year, what will be the biggest focus for TREB?
Technology and training are the biggest focus right now. I plan on pushing TREB past its comfort zone when it comes to new technology. This year will be a busy one at TREB– we won’t be sitting still– we will be trying, testing and learning new processes so we can provide the most effective support to our members.
5. What are your goals for this year?
I have quite a few on my list:
- to promote the GTA real estate market on the world stage with our global counterparts
- further improve professionalism in the industry
- continue to promote the quality of the MLS® system and the superior services our Member REALTORS® offer their clients
- promote the TREB member image in the eyes of the consumer and the industry; continue to foster and build relationships at local, provincial and federal levels of government.
- work with all levels of government, real estate boards, and the industry’s regulatory body, The Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO), to ensure TREB members’ interests are fairly represented when key decisions are made.
- listen to our members – continue to engage them and seek their feedback on TREB services.
Garry welcomes questions and comments at TREBpres@trebnet.com.