Healthy eating is as easy as 1-2-3!
“According to a recent Ipsos poll only three in 10 Canadians will set a New Year’s resolution, and of those, 73 per cent eventually break them.”*
Every year it’s always the same struggle of setting goals, losing motivation and then inevitably your goals slip by the wayside. If you set goals, the best way to achieve them is to make small changes over time to ease into your new healthier lifestyle. Stay on track by planning, prepping and cooking meals for the week.
Follow these 3 step recipes for healthy and quick dinners that everyone has time to make.
No one can say no to tacos! These healthy tacos are packed with all the good stuff to keep you looking and feeling good!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking time: 40 mins
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 large sweet potatoes (diced and drizzled with cooking oil)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can navy beans
- package of 8 taco shells (hard or soft, you decide)
Garnish: avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, shredded cheese (anything else your heart desires)
1. Cook sweet potatoes in the oven at 425°until they are soft and cooked.
2. Fry onions and mix in beans and sweet potato
3. Serve in taco shells and garnish as you wish
Turmeric Chicken Salad
Turmeric is a superfood that will keep your immune system up this winter. So shake a load of it on your chicken and fight those colds!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper (a sprinkle)
- Sauté chicken in oil and sprinkle with turmeric
- Once chicken is cooked all the way through, let it cool and mix the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Mix together the salad dressing ingredients, pour over the salad and bonne appétit!
Portobello Mushroom Burger
Show off to your family and friends with this healthy twist on a classic!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- Burger buns (to be extra healthy switch out the bun for lettuce)
Garnishes: lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese (anything else your heart desires)
- Coat mushroom in pesto
- Broil in the oven on high for 5 minutes each side (be careful not to over broil as they cook quickly)
- Remove from the oven, bun them, garnish and enjoy!