Get creative this Christmas and try making your own holiday decor/gifts. These three DIYs are easy and quick to make, plus they will make you look a Pinterest master! Are you ready to impress your friends and family? Let’s get started!
1. Homemade wrapping paper
With wrapping paper this cute, you could wrap up a lump of coal and people will still love it!
- 1 roll of craft paper (whatever colour you like but we recommend brown for a rustic look)
- Potatoes (we will explain later)
- Any stencils or designs you would like to use ( leaves, doilies, etc.)
- Lay out your craft paper on a long table or on the floor
- Cut potatoes in half and the cut out the design you want on the potato so it acts like a stamp (stick to simple designs like stars and hearts)
- Choose your paint colours and dip the potato stamp in the paint to decorate the paper
- Get as creative as you like, you can write messages on the paper or just do simple designs
- Wrap up your gifts and don’t forget a cute bow!
2. Mitten Advent Calendar
How is it that, by the end of winter, you somehow end up with at least 5 mismatched mittens? This idea let you take all these sad, single mittens and put them to good use.
- Collect all your old mittens (with any luck you won’t have to buy a few more pairs!).
- Once you have your 24 mittens, number them and hang them along a railing or bannister.
- Put a little gift or chocolate in each mitten for an advent treat each day!
3. Wine Bottle Holiday Lights
This cute wine bottle light makes for a beautiful decoration– plus it is a great excuse to drink wine!
- Peel the labels off an old wine bottle and clean the bottle ( we recommend using a mix of green and clear bottles as it looks very festive).
- Place battery operated fairy lights in bottles
- Group the lights together and enjoy a beautiful, cheerful glow.
(Image: Image by Tim Mary Vidra)